History of Previous Events
Based on a review of the implementations of disaster management efforts which carried out by ministries or related agencies as stipulated in the 2010 -2014, National Plan of Disaster Management, Republic of Indonesia has been actively conducting disaster risk reduction and management research involving experts and academics. However, it was also stated the planning, implementation and documentation of the results of those research are still not well coordinated.
Moreover, disaster experts and academics as the foremost resources of knowledge in Indonesia still lacks of good coordination with other stakeholder. This situation makes so that information on the distribution of researchers with their expertise is still difficult to reach by other stakeholders, including disaster management policy makers in Indonesia.
(1) In order to tackle those issues, Indonesian Disaster Expert Association (IABI) which consists of 350 disaster experts which consists of academics, bureaucrats, researchers, practitioners, and disaster-aware community members came together to start the first Conference event in Surabaya on June 5th, 2014 which produced Blueprint and Road map of Disaster Research in Indonesia.
(2) In 2015, the second Conference event is organized in Gadjah Mada University which also kicked-off the first IABI National Meetings. The meeting also commemorates the 9th year of Jogjakarta and Central Java Earthquake.
(3) In 2016, the third Conference event is organized in Bandung Institute of Technology on May 23 – 24, 2016. This particular meeting produced a certain formula on Absolute Risk (AR) and Emerging Risk (ER).
(4) In 2017, the fourth Conference event is organized in University of Indonesia on May 8 – 10, 2017. This meeting produced several disaster-related policy as well as the election of IABI Chairman for 2017 -2020.
(5) Last year, the fifth Conference event is organized in Andalas University on May 1 – 4, 2018. The activity of the ICDM consists of International Seminar, panel discussion, disaster management exhibition, geopark study visit, and the opening of Disaster Education Park in coastal area of Padang City, West Sumatera.
Publication: All Accepted, registered, and presented papers in this conference will be published in international publication indexed by SCOPUS.
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 229 (2018)
International Conference on Disaster Management (ICDM 2018)
Andalas University, Indonesia, May 2-4, 2018
R. Haigh, L. Comfort, A. Hakam and F.A. Ismail (Eds.)